If you’re a homeowner, you know that there are many different things to think about when it comes to your home’s roof. There are various materials to choose from, each with benefits you can take advantage of.
In this blog, we’ll look at the best metal roofing materials on the market today. We’ll discuss the benefits of different metal roofing systems and why many homeowners choose them these days. So, if you’re in the market for a new roof, continue reading!
What Is Metal Roofing Made Of?
Four of the most common materials used in metal roofing are aluminum, zinc, copper, and stainless steel. Their benefits and properties adjust to your needs and budget. Metal roofing gives you sample options to choose from.
Metal Roofing Benefits By Material
- Eco-friendly: The best characteristic of aluminum roofing sheets is that almost 90 % of them are made of recycled materials.
- Lightweight: Aluminum gives you incredible structural advantages compared to other roofing materials. Its lightweight property makes it easy for contractors to install, reducing the installation time. Even though it’s lightweight, it’s very durable.
- Budget-friendly: Its cost-effectiveness makes it an excellent option for large dimension projects such as commercial or industrial roofing.
- Long-lasting: Zinc roofing systems have an estimated lifespan of over 60 years. Zinc roofing could last many years depending upon the quality of installation, building properties, and climate conditions.
- Eco-friendly: By installing a zinc roofing system, you won’t have to worry about toxic run-off or ground pollution on your property. In addition, zinc is a non-ferrous metal, requiring less energy to manufacture when compared to other roofing options.
- Energy efficiency: Metal roofing cuts down on the cost of heating and cooling. It reflects the sun’s heat during summer and keeps the heat inside during winter.
- Durable: Stainless steel can withstand corrosion and degradation for 60+ years. It makes an excellent choice for metal roofing.
- Weather elements: Stainless steel can withstand extreme weather and drastic temperature changes.
- Expansion/Contraction: This is another reason stainless steel is an excellent option for locations with radical temperature changes. Its low thermal expansion properties ensure the metal won’t expand or contract due to temperature fluctuations.
- Lightweight: Compared to different roofing options such as shingles, concrete, or tiles, copper is extremely lightweight. This property makes it easier for installers and contractors to work with. It also puts less stress on the structure of a home over time.
- Aesthetically pleasing: Copper is a premium roofing material. Many building owners specifically buy copper because of the way it ages and adds to a structure’s curb appeal.
- Solderable: Copper can be soldered, unlike other roofing materials. This advantage means that roof, flashings, and gutter joints will be weather-tight with a soldered connection.
Hire The Best Metal Roofing Contractor In Weatherford, TX
If you’re planning to reroof your home using a metal roofing system, contact One Oak Exteriors now! We have the experience and expertise you need to get the job done right. We’re the leading metal roofing contractors in Weatherford, TX.
We’re ready to help you with all of your roofing needs. Contact us today to get started!