Walking around town, you can find many different types of houses, and some may have seen metal roofs around town and others with shingle roofs. So, you start to wonder which one is right for your home and which one would bring you the most benefits.
Well, stay with us while we look at some of the pros and cons of each to help you make your decision. Keep reading to learn more!
What Is Shingle Roofing?
Shingle roofings are not only big slabs of black or gray metal; they’re much more than that. Shingle roofing is made up of overlapping strips of asphalt or fiberglass that are bonded together with adhesive, then fastened to the roof deck with nails or staples.
It’s one of the most popular types of roofing around and gives houses a traditional look. They typically last 20-30 years and come in various colors and styles.
What Is Metal Roofing?
As the name indicates, metal roofs are made of metal tiles or panels, usually pressure-treated to resist corrosion. Metal roofs last 40 to 70 years and can be made from steel, aluminum, copper, or zinc. They come in different styles, like a standing seam or stamped metal.
Which One Is Better For You?
Which is better, shingle roofing or metal roofing? The question has been debated for years, but the answer might surprise you. Though they both have pros and cons, metal roofing is the better option in most cases. Here’s why:
- Metal roofs are more durable than shingle roofs – they can last up to 50 years or more, compared to 20-30 years for shingle roofs.
- Metal roofs are far less likely to suffer from leaks.
- Metal roofs are much better at resisting wind and hurricane damage.
- Metal roofs are more energy-efficient than shingle roofs, which can help you save money on your energy bills.
- They’re low maintenance, so they don’t require much care once installed.
- Metal roofing is also Energy Star certified, reflecting heat away from your home, helping you stay cool in the summer, and saving you money on your energy bills.
The #1 Metal Roofing Provider Near You
You have probably made your decision by now. You know that your metal roof will last for decades and help you save money. But don’t forget that it must be properly installed to make that happen. And there’s no better crew for the job than the one at One Oak Exteriors.
An incorrect installation can reduce your roof’s life span and efficiency. It’s essential to work with a reliable team with years of experience and the right tools to ensure your new metal roof is strong. We specialize in residential roofing services, so let us help you make your home improvement a reality!